Useful Websites for Parents & Carers
OT support clinics – bookable via 01743 450800
Support with speech, language or swallowing – clinics bookable via 01743 450800
Public Health Nursing Service
- Single Point of Access 0333 358 3654
- Text for Health Advice: Health Visitor Team and Parenting Chat Health line 07520 635212 / School Nursing Team 07507 330346
This May Help - NHS
This May Help has been created to support parents and carers with concerns about their child’s mental health. To access follow the link Home | ThisMayHelp
The subjects covered on this website have been chosen by families and young people who have gone through their own mental health challenges. What helped them may also help you. They include suport realting to; Mental Health, Self Harm, Video Gaming, Trust and Boundaries, Eating disorders and School Refusal.
The films offer advice across six main subject areas, with ten additional films offering supporting information. The films can be viewed in any order at any time.
Each film has a dedicated page where you’ll also find helpful advice and links to other resources. The text for each subject is available from the downloads page.
Support with young people’s emotional well-being – Bee U is the emotional health and wellbeing service for people up to the age of 25
- BEAM AskBeam@childrenssociety.org.uk
- Online support for young people http://www.kooth.com
- Children’s and Family Mental Health Services (previously known as CAMHS) Single Point of Access - 0300 124 0093 or email email@example.com
- Yound mind's Charity www.youngminds.org.uk
- Sleep Success www.thesleepcharity.org.uk
Access to PSHE/ RSE Curriculum Parent Zone - Parent / Carer Zone | 1decision
Housing issues / homelessness – Housing Options - https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/housing-options-and-homelessness/ or SUSTAIN consortium - 0300 300 0059 or 01743 285159
Adult mental health
- IAPT – Psychological Therapies can support people with mild to moderate mental health issues such as anxiety or low mood. Includes Silver Cloud online therapy, https://www.mpft.nhs.uk/services/improving-access-psychological-therapies-iapt or 0300 123 6020
- See Shropshire Council wellbeing pages for more links - https://shropshire.gov.uk/healthy-shropshire/mental-health-and-wellbeing/
- Shropshire Mental Health Support (previously MIND) - Shropshire MHS provides support for any person with emotional or mental health needs, including long term enduring mental health needs or those triggered by recent incidents. Telephone: 01743 368647, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm; Saturday and Sunday 11am to 3pm. Outreach and telephone support available.
- TogetherAll - a free-to-access online community for Shropshire residents aged 16 and above for people who are stressed, anxious or feeling low. The service has an active forum with round-the-clock support from trained professionals. You can talk anonymously and confidentially to other members https://togetherall.com/en-gb/
Support for young carers – firstname.lastname@example.org
Domestic abuse - https://www.shropsdas.org.uk/ or WMWA 0800 783 1359 or national helpline 0808 2000 247
Substance misuse - https://www.wearewithyou.org.uk/services/shropshire/
On a low budget or need help accessing free or low-cost food - Foodbank - … or for more info https://www.shropshirelarder.org.uk/
Sexual health services - https://openclinic.org.uk/